Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Draft Day!!!

Well my friends, we have just a few days before the 2010 National Football League Draft. Here at True Football Fans, we are so excited we can hardly stand it. In fact, me and my friends can seem to talk about anything else. We have got the stage set. We all have our mock drafts done. We have talked a lot of crap, we have ironed our jerseys, we have the number for Dominos on speed dial. Got a frig full of beer. And now we are waiting like little kids under a Christmas tree for that most joyous day of the year.

I guess that is kind of the point I am trying to make here. The draft is such a great day. Football fans from all teams gathered. No reason to hate each other for one day a year. Good feelings about the next season. Reasons to have hope. Excitement over trades. It really has become a kind of holiday for me and many of my fellow True Football Fans. We look forward to it as much as the Super Bowl.

So let me just extend my season’s greetings to you. May all your hopes come true this draft. May your team get all the players it wants (except for those my team wants). Have fun, relax, and eat way too much. Happy draft readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment